The festive season is truly underway with many food chains releasing their Christmas menus this month. Starbucks, McDonald’s, and Pret A Manger are just a few among the many that are offering a range of Christmas-inspired food, drinks and sweets.
Despite restaurants being closed as a result of England’s second national lockdown, customers will still be able to get their hands on their all-time seasonal favourites as well as new menu additions through takeaway and home delivery options.
Listed below are Platform’s top five restaurant recommendations with all the details you need to get your orders in and tastebuds tingling.
Prices may vary depending on location.
Costa has combined the nation’s love of chocolate with its own drinks classics to create a blend of flavours. The Quality Street Purple One Latte, After Eight Hot Chocolate and Terry’s Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate have already proven to be popular in their first few weeks.
Costa has also unveiled an impressive food collection.
The Pigs & Blankets Mac & Cheese brings together a Christmas tradition with a homely meal: cooked pasta, mature Cheddar cheese, British pork sausages, sweetcure bacon, fresh spinach and parsley crumb.
Vegan options are also available, such as the Vegan Turkee, Cranberry & Stuffing Bloomer Toastie.
- The Quality Street Purple One Latte – from £3.10
- The Quality Street Purple One Hot Chocolate – from £2.40
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate – from £3.10
- After Eight Hot Chocolate – from £3.10
- Black Forest Frostino – from £2.30
- Black Forest Hot Chocolate and Cream – from £3.10
- Gingerbread Latte and Cream – from £3.40
- Irish Velvet Latte – from £3.40
- Irish Velvet Frostino – from £2.30
- Hot Spiced Apple – from £3.10
- Cinnamon Spiced Cappuccino – from £3.10
- Festive British Pork & Apple Sausage Roll – £2.44
- Pigs & Blanket Mac & Cheese – £3.75
- Turkey and the Trimmings Toastie – £3.75
- Vegan Turkee, Cranberry & Stuffing Bloomer Toastie – £3.75
- Pigs & Blankets Panini – £3.75
- Turkey Feast Sandwich – £3.75
- After Eight Muffin – £2.50
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Muffin – £2.50
- Rich Chocolate & Hazelnut Shimmer Cake – £3.25
- Chocolate & Caramel Shimmer Bun – £2.25
- All Butter Mince Pie – £2.25
- Vegan Mince Tart – £2.25
- Christmas Fruitcake – £2.25
For all the burger fans out there, McDonald’s have brought out a double Big Mac this Christmas – an increase to four patties, as well as cheese, lettuce, onions and Big Mac sauce.
Along with this comes the new Jerk Chicken Sandwich which will be sure to add a bit of spice to your festivities this year. It is made up of two succulent crispy chicken pieces with a spicy jerk sauce, Beechwood smoked bacon, Pepper Jack cheese, slivered onion and lettuce in a sourdough bun.
They have also put a twist on their standard McFlurry by mixing it with popular chocolate Celebrations.
- Salted Caramel Latte – from £1.69
- Double Big Mac – £4.19
- Jerk Chicken Sandwich – £4.39
- Cheese Melt Dippers – £1.79
- Celebrations McFlurry – £1.39
Pret A Manger
Pret’s Christmas menu will host a hot food range, which includes the annual Pret Christmas Lunch sandwich, a classic that never disappoints. This year is no different, packed with festive flavour the sandwich consists of turkey with a port and orange cranberry sauce and herby pork stuffing with baby spinach, mayo and crispy onions.
Pret have also made an enormous effort this year with their vegan options, such as in their delicious Vegan Christmas Nut Roast and making their Mince Pie exclusively vegan.
They also will be launching the Vegan Christmas Lunch Baguette and the Vegan Christmas Lunch Hot roll, available exclusively with Veggie Pret.
Sweet treats have not gone a miss either – the Christmas Tiffin makes its return with its tasty blend of sweet and savoury.
- S’mores Hot Chocolate – £3.35
- Salted Caramel Latte – £3.35
- Gingerbread Latte – £3.35
- Pret’s Christmas Lunch – £4.25
- Christmas Lunch Baguette – £4.25
- Smoked Salmon, Soft Cheese & Dill Baguette – £4.85
- Pigs in Blankets Hot Roll – £4.35
- Christmas Tiffin – £1.79
- Melvin, Pret’s Melting Gingerbread Snowman – £1.85
- Pret’s Mince Pie – £0.99
Greggs is bringing back the favourites this Christmas, including signature foods such as the Festive Bake and Pigs Under Blanket Baguette. Both under £3, these are tasty and affordable bites to eat.
Their sweets selection is also packed this year, ranging from the Mini Gold Caramel Shortbread to the Christmas Tree Biscuit to the Christmas Novelty Bun – it is sweet tooth galore!
- Salted Caramel Latte – from £1.95
- Mint Mocha – from £1.95
- Mint Hot Chocolate – from £1.95
- Pigs Under Blanket Baguette – £2.80
- Festive Bake – £1.60
- Sweet Mince Pies (Vegan) – £0.50 each or 6 for £1.75
- Mini Gold Caramel Shortbread – £1.50
- Christmas Tree Biscuit – £0.85
- Christmas Novelty Bun – £0.80 each or 4 for £2.75
- Christmas Cake Slice – £1
- Christmas Novelty Biscuit – £0.85
This Christmas, Starbucks is mixing old with new.
Familiar favourites, the Toffee Nut Latte, Eggnog Latte and Gingerbread Latte, will be making their return accompanied with the latest chocolate sensation: the Truffle Deluxe Hot Chocolate. This smooth blend of steamed milk and chocolatey mocha, topped with whipped cream and truffle, makes for an indulgent drink.
All these drinks can now be ordered with a new vegan whipped topping too.
Any fans out there of the hit TV show Friends? If so, this one is for you: ‘The One with the Gravy Layer Sandwich’ is Starbucks’ latest invention.
The sandwich is made up of typical Thanksgiving ingredients – pulled ham hock, turkey, butternut crush, cabbage – and centred in-between is a piece of sourdough soaked in turkey and cranberry gravy.
If you fancy something less substantial, the sweets section is equally appealing. The Christmas Tree Brownie, made with chocolate buttercream, is finished with a sprinkling of gold dust; adding some sparkle to your Christmas.
- Toffee Nut Latte – from £3.15
- Gingerbread Latte – from £3.15
- Eggnog Latte – from £3.15
- Truffle Deluxe Hot Chocolate -from £3.10
- The One with the Gravy Layer Sandwich – £4.59
- The ‘Tis the Season Turkey Sandwich – £3.59
- The Very Merry Vegan Wrap – £2.99
- Raspberry and Pistachio Linzer Cookie – £1.79
- Sea Salted Caramel and Pecan Swirl – £2.19
- Christmas Tree Brownie – £1.90
Written by Ellie Harvey
Feature image credit: @costacoffee – Twitter