Candidates for the Nottingham Trent Student Union elections were announced today, with manifestos being released to all Trent students.
There are two nominees for VP Sports for the 2019/20 academic year, so the race for the role will be tight. The current VP Sport, Ollie Judd, is not running again so whoever wins the election, there will be a new VP Sport. We’ve compiled all the manifestos of this year’s candidates to make sure you can make the right decision on who you want to represent you in the next academic year.
Momen is running for VP Sport for the first time after captaining NTU Equestrian and being the president of NTU Thai Boxing. Should he be elected, his main aims in the role would include:
- Increasing participation from international and female students through NTIC, global lounge and international societies, as well as building on programs like This Girl Can
- Introduce a BUCS progress tracker, enabling students to get access to event details and links to live streams, raising awareness of BUCS sports
- Work closely with NTU Sport marketing staff to promote non-varsity sports
- Collaborate more with UoN to use facilities such as disability specialists
- Working with NTU Sport to develop an app to facilitate communication between teams to organise events and develop placement/internship opportunities
- Introducing QR code sign-ins, reducing waiting times before sports sessions
Ben is the current Marketing and Media Officer for NTU Men’s Rugby Union and is running for VP Sport for the first time. Should he be elected, his main aims in the role would be:
- Make NTU one of the best sports performance universities in the country
- Work closely with Play For Fun to entice more people to get into sport alongside their studies
- Put on sessions during exam periods to help people relax during a stressful time
- Push for equality in NTU Sport and ensure all students have equal opportunities
Voting for all NTSU roles will open on Friday 22 March at 5 pm.
By Katie Ansell